- Completely involved in what we are doing - focused, concentrated.
- A sense of ecstasy - of being outside everyday reality.
- Great inner clarity - knowing what needs to be done, and how well we are doing
- Knowing that the activity is doable - that our skills are adequate to the tasks
- A sense of serenity - no worries of oneself, and a feeling of growing beyond the boundaries of the ego.
- Timelessness - thoroughly focused on the present, hours seem to pass by in minutes.
- Intrinsic motivation - whatever produces flow becomes its own reward.
Saturday, March 20, 2010
How Does It Feel To Be In Flow?
taken from Mihaly Csikszentmihaly's lecture on TED, entitled Creativity, Fullfilment and Flow